Disney Parks Blog Just released their official recipe for the Grilled Three-Cheese to celebrate National Grilled Cheese Day, so today I am making it at home.
When I saw the recipe for the grilled cheese from Woody’s Lunchbox (aka the best grilled cheese ever) pop up on Disney Parks Blog, I knew I had to recreate it. There is no better day than National Grilled Cheese today, so come along as we enjoy a little Disney at home since the parks are still closed.
I will say the only thing missing is their adult lemonade, and if you have tried it you know what I mean. So I am going to do my best to recreate it using only ingredients I have at home, because quarantine.
Woody’s Lunch Box Grill Cheese Recipe via https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/
Cream Cheese Spread
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbsp heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 8 slices artisan bread
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
- 8 slices provolone
For Cream Cheese Spread
- Combine cream cheese, Double Gloucester or cheddar, heavy cream, and salt in food processor. Blend until smooth. Set aside.
For Garlic Spread
- Combine mayonnaise, garlic, and salt in small bowl and stir until blended. Set aside.
For Grilled Three-Cheese Sandwich
- Lay out artisan bread slices on parchment paper or large cutting board.
- Place 2 slices of cheddar on 4 of the bread slices. Place 2 slices of provolone on remaining bread slices.
- Equally spoon cream cheese spread on slices with provolone. Gently smooth cream cheese spread over each slice.
- Press cheddar side and provolone side together.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes, until hot.
- Brush both sides of the sandwiches with garlic spread.
- Grill sandwiches for 2 minutes on each side, until cheese is melted and bread is golden brown.
Quarantine Adult Lemonade
1.5 oz cherry vodka, see below to see how to infuse your own
8 oz lemonade
splash of berry puree, recipe follows
To make berry puree:
Combine a handful of berries (whatever you have in the house will do), a pinch of sugar and a splash of lemon juice to taste, into a food processor and blend. Strain out seeds by pushing the mixture through a metal sieve with a spoon.
To make Adult Lemonade:
Combine all ingredients over ice and stir to combine.
Don’t have any cherry vodka at home? Simply place vodka and maraschino cherries in a container and allow to infuse for at least an hour, shaking throughout the process to combine. I used 2 cherries per shot of vodka and it was perfect.
What Disney recipe do you want to see next? Let me know!