Last year I had this Hot Cheetos Cozy Corn at Disneyland that I still dream about. It was the perfect level of spice and crunch and was one of my favorite snacks I had on the entire trip. So I figured, let’s make this one at home. It is easier to make that you would expect and it is so delicious.
A few things about this recipe, it was advertised as and Elote situation, however, the corn was not roasted, so I chose to boil mine. Also, they don’t say Cheetos at any point but we all know that its Cheetos. Also, assembly tip, roll the corn in the Cheeto powder, don’t press it on. The oils in the Cheeto dust make it clump easy and you won’t have an even coat if you pat it on.
Cozy Cone Motel Spicy Cheese Puffs Cozy Corn Copycat
- Wooden Skewers
- 4 ears Corn
- 1/2 cup Mayo
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Tbsp Salt
- Flaming Hot Cheetos 8.5 oz bag
Spicy Lime Mayo
- Combine mayo, lime, and cayenne pepper. Stir and set aside.
- To a large pot of boiling water add butter and salt.
- Boil corn 5-7 minutes or until cooked.
- Once cooled enough to handle, skewer the corn cobs.
- Food process or blend the bag of Cheetos, until you have created a fine dust. You may need to remove bigger chunks of Cheetos if they do no break down.
- Brush the you corn with the Spicy Lime Mayo, making sure to coat the entire thing.
- Roll your corn in the Cheeto powder.
- Top with additional Spicy Lime Mayo.
I love this recipe and it is a real crowd pleaser. If you dont love a lot of spice you always could use regular Cheetos in place of the Flaming Hot ones!